The mission of
PINELLAS ASSOCIATION OF LIBRARY INFORMATION SPECIALISTS
is to support school library information specialists through advocating leadership and professionalism facilitating collaboration and promoting information literacy.
Every school should have …
• An adequately funded Library Media Program.
• A highly qualified Library Information Specialist certified in Educational Media.
• A dedicated media center that is warm and inviting.
• An engaging library media program focused on inquiry-based learning and ethical behavior.
• Flexible and equitable access to a diverse collection in a variety of formats which meet the curricular, recreational and specialized needs of the school including digital networks, cooperative agreements and interlibrary loans.